Welcome to the Loop Head Energy Action Partnership (LEAP)'s info and file share webpage
The Loop Head Energy Action Partnership (LEAP) was started in January 2020. Its partners work together to understand the components of the energy revolution enough to master its potential as they face up to the many economic, social and environmental challenges in rural Ireland. The project partnership includes a team of researchers from the University of Flensburg, Germany, who are based in Carrigaholt for 5 weeks until the 1st March 2020, along with astoneco, LHT, local community development organisations, businesses and individuals from the 3 western-most communities of the Loop Head Peninsula in Co Clare, Ireland. Astoneco is including this project into a SEAI supported Research, Develop and Demonstrate Project defining a path to a Social License to Operate.
This webpage shares the documents being created along the journey.
- 31st January 2020: Overview of this project
- 18th February 2020: Project update
- 16th March 2020: 170+ page report_7.3 million euro leaving the Loop each year
The preliminary research plan
- The research components of this project were co-created at the beginning of this project. Read more in the preliminary research plan.
Saturday, 1st February Workshop, Kilkee Bay Hotel 9:30am - 1:30pm
- Mini-poster here.
- The presentations from this workshop are here: Astoneco, Flensburg.
- Download the workshop outcomes here.
Saturday, 8th February Seminar in Kilkee Bay Hotel 10am - 1:30pm
- Mini-poster here.
- The presentations from this workshop are here: Astoneco, Aran Energy Coop, SEAI, LIT.
- Podcast to follow.
Saturday, 29th February 2020 Seminar: Postponed due to Met Eireann Wind Red Alert
- We conducted the presentations by the researchers here are their PowerPoint presentations (will be put here in the afternoon of 20/03/20).
- Recordings of the presentations were made by smartphone - will be made available online once the sound has been improved a bit.
Saturday, 29th February 2020 Seminar: Went online in response to Covid 19
- https://zoom.us/j/122868591?pwd=dEtCS0V1KzdobWZhVjU1VWpQZ3ljUT09 from 9:30 till 11:30
- The presentations from this online meeting are here: Astoneco, WDC
- Minutes of findings and decisions from this meeting.
- Meetings will continue online until Covid19 reaction permits public gatherings again.
- Please send name and number to John Aston on 085 2153765 if you want to be included in the WhatsApp group on which we are sharing information.
- The pre-feasibility studies report, financing opportunities and team creation are being worked through.
Going wild with energy-efficient fun homes
Capturing some thoughts during brainstorming ways to integrate homes into nature - check out:
Getting started as a Sustainable Energy Community
Click for: Presentation made during the web meeting of Thursday the 30th April 2020 by Gearóid Fitzgibbon and Conor O’Brien
- Community Energy Mentors, MidWest SouthWest Region -