Undertaking Community Relations to achieve win-win outcomes
Why this training:
More and more, the projects that are supported today by society are those that achieve outcomes good for the project proponent and good for its stakeholders. To achieve this, your Community Relations strategy and programmes need to be co-designed with your stakeholders.
This training will enable you to develop a consistent and structured approach to the building of community relations programmes by giving you tools and methods to:
- Assess the communities’ needs,
- Assess the communities’ perceptions of you,
- Identify areas of win-win,
- Think and act strategically when approaching community projects,
- Engage your stakeholders and select together what process you need to adopt for community relations,
- Engage your stakeholders to decide what projects to pursue together and how to co-manage them.
- Community needs assessment
- Logical Framework
- Dialogue structures
- Community’s development strategy
- Designing a common development strategy
- Creating and operating a CR procedure
Who would benefit from this training:
Anyone who has responsibility for planning, engaging and/or coordinating stakeholder engagement activities in a natural resources / infrastructure / energy companies or any organisation that needs a social license to operate from communities near their activities.