Introduction to Stakeholder Engagement: Why, What, Who and How
Why this training:
We all do stakeholder engagement; most of us don't do it effectively. This was ok when stakeholder engagement was not an essential part of successful business. Today it is; nearly every day. Depending on how effective this engagement is, it can assist or prevent us from achieving our objectives. The relationships our organisation has with the community of stakeholders in which we operate strongly influences our team, the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations, and the attainment of our goals.
At the end of this training you will be able to:
- Assess the importance and required extent of stakeholder engagement your activities,
- Identify material issues and stakeholders of your activities / product,
- Build competencies for healthy relationships with your stakeholders,
- Manage the process and content of engagement together with your stakeholders.
- A core competency for business
- Basics of Stakeholder Engagement
- What to engage on & with whom
- Relationship-Process-Results approach
- (How:) Managing the engagement process
Who would benefit from this training:
Anyone who has responsibility for planning, engaging and/or coordinating stakeholder engagement activities - whether it be in a company, NGO, government or international body.