Engaging through participatory multi-media
Why this training:
Sharing stories is possibly one of the most effective ways of communicating with each other. Today, easy-accessible multimedia tools offer a simple yet powerful way to tell stories. Businesses and communities can both benefit from participatory multimedia content creation and production in several ways:
- Multimedia storytelling is not just about a revolutionary way for knowledge sharing. It also helps amplify all the genuine voices in a community.
- When people are given the opportunity to create content for public consumption they often chose to participate in decision making more readily.
- Multimedia creation with the integrated filming and interviewing creates opportunities for individuals to look into a mirror, and to better understand ourselves and those around us. It also providing a window for the audience to see and experience other people’s perspectives and circumstances.
At the end of this training you will be able to:
- Appreciate the usefulness of multi-media tools for engagement,
- Empower your community to create video- and photo - journalism content,
- Tell a story through the use of video, photography and interviews,
- Edit, publish and share multimedia content,
- Use multi-media for participatory baseline assessments and for engagement on development strategies and sensitive design or operational issues.
- Overview of tools via case studies
- Who is behind the camera?
- Participatory journalism
- Participatory production and sharing
Who would benefit from this training:
This training is open to all organisations, community groups and individuals who want to be able to tell (and help others tell) their stories.