Building a multi-stakeholder forum
Why this training:
If it looks like your company will be in an area for a number of years you may greatly benefit from facilitating the creation of a multi-stakeholder forum. A local partnership between a company, the local authorities and the local community (in the form of a community-based organisation - CBO) can help to streamline structured engagement and build a basis for on-going dialogue and joint projects of mutual interest.
The objectives of the CBO can best be set around creating and enabling a common strategy for sustainable development – good for business and good for the community.
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Explain what a multi-stakeholder forum is, when it is needed and what are its benefits and risks for business and stakeholders,
- Enumerate the steps for the creation of a successful multi-stakeholder forum,
- Put together an engagement capacity building programme to enable the creation of a multi-stakeholder forum,
- Plan a multi-stakeholder forum – including governance, principles and rules of functioning, and resourcing.
- The importance of purpose
- Do you need one?
- A case study of a functioning MSF
- The initiation process / Who initiates it
- How much time is needed
- Engagement plan
- Building capacity
- Your Multi-Stakeholder Forum Creation plan
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Key operating rules
Who would benefit from this training:
This training is designed for project managers, stakeholder engagement / community relations / social performance professionals and community facilitators responsible for the design and implementation of engagement programmes and the development of stakeholder partnerships.